Control right click, how to revert to old behavior?

So for years I used control and right mouse click to either mouse over until item in directory is auto selected or click it while holding down control so it gets added to non consecutive selection.

Now since i upgraded mousing over while holding control never selects the item in directory, and clicking it while holding down control selects it, but it also opens a new directory opus directory tab.

I searched in preferences but don't see how to set right click and control back to auto select when hovering over while holding control as well as add to selection while control clicking the file in directory.

Can anyone help? The directory opus has become very advanced and I'm old.

Sounds like you are looking for Preferences / File Displays / Mouse / Single click to open an item (hover to select).

(FWIW, if 13 was installed over 12, the settings should've been left the way you had them.)

that page helped me, i had to unselect single click to open an item (hover to select) option.
now i can use control holding down to select multiple non consecutive files without opening them.
So i guess i did not describe the issue well, thanks for pointing me in right direction.