Copy a CD or DVD?

The front page says that Opus has support for burning.
Can anyone give me a proceedure for copying a CD or DVD through Opus? I can't find anything in the manual.
Hope this is a really simple and easy question to answer!
Brian

OK
I have sort of answered this myself for a data CD/DVD…
• Set up a dual lister.
• Open the DVD in one pane and a place for a temporary directory in the other.
• Copy the CD/DVD to the temporary directory.
• Load a blank CD/DVD.
• “Open” the blank CD/DVD in one pane.
• Drag the temporary directory into the blank’s pane
• Wait for the copy
• Right click the CD/DVD drive in the folder tree and select burn to disk.

Still can’t help thinking there must be a better way….

Brian

Opus can write files to CDs, using the CD writing support built into Windows. The way you've described is the way to do it, unless you have two optical drives (in which case you could skip the temporary folder part).

If you want to make bit-for-bit .iso (etc.) image copies of CDs, or copy non-data CDs (or mixed CDs), you'll need to use one of the CD imaging/backup/duplication tools. Opus doesn't aim to be one of those.

I recommend ImgBurn for all disc-related tasks that windows/DO won't do.
It has an easy to use GUI, is small and leightweight and offers a commandline as well to automate things (from DO e.g.).

I like and use ImgBurn too. Just watch out for unwanted extras bundled in the installer these days, and the intentionally misleading wording the installer uses when offering those "extras" to you. I found that unchecking all of the "extras" meant nothing unwanted was installed via OpenCandy, even though the wording of the checkboxes initially suggested it would not make a difference. (The available options and meanings of the checkboxes change when you select them.)

Windows 10 File Explorer has a DVD burn capability: select the .iso file and the burn option appears on the ribbon. I have been using DO forever and since it is the ultimate file explorer and more, I thought I could burn a DVD like Windows Explorer can, but never tried-- now reading this conversation it appears I have to install a DVD burning application like ImgBurn as has been suggested, unless I misunderstand.

In Windows 10, right-click a .iso and you should find a Burn Disc Image option in the menu.

Thank you. That option is missing.

Is it there when you right click in File Explorer?

Try holding shift when you right click in Opus.

If it isn't there in both those cases then something may have taken over the iso file type in the registry, in a way which doesn't preserve the menu items added out of the box by Windows.

No it is not there when I right click in File Explorer. Shift+right click doesn't do it.

I right clicked and associated the .iso with DO, and confirmed in the Control Panel that .iso files are associated with DO. When I look at the .iso, I can see inside. But still there is no menu or ribbon choice for burning to DVD.

You need to associate the .iso with Windows Explorer, and then it will work. You will gain "Mount" and "Burn disc image" in the context menu after that.

Thank you. First, I had missed right-click Send to -> BD-RE (F:) which is my optical drive. That copies the .iso to a temporary burning location (I didn't have a disc in the drive at the moment).

Next I associated the .iso with Windows Explorer, that indeed gave me Mount and Burn disc image -- thank you.