Copy directory question

I believe i may have asked this before but i cannot remember.

Is there a way to get DO to prompt u when you are coping a dir to another location and there is a dir with the same name there already and give the option to rename, just like it does with files.

I often find myself moving series of pictures mainly from one dir to another and if the destination has the same name, it will automatically combine the contents. This is VERY annoying because while the name is the same the content is different. Then i have to go in to the destination in thumb mode and try to seperate everything again. Right now, i have to be careful and manually check, which is very time consuming.

thx

I don't think there's an option, but it seems like a reasonable feature request, since it probably wouldn't be too hard to implement (he says, totally guessing about the internals of Opus).

Update: I filed a feature request for you. Don't know if or when it will be implemented but it's in the database now.

Can't you just use Undo if you notice it's happened? Or do you only notice later?

Can't you just use Undo if you notice it's happened? Or do you only notice later?[/quote]

I do not always notice right away. The only time i notice right away is if there is a filename conflict and it wants to overwrite. Then i say "oh crap" and have to undo things.

At least with windows exploder (god forbid) it prompts u.