- I have a folder (folder 1) with 52,000 files in it.
- The files in folder 1 are named numerical sequence. That is: 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf, etc.
- I have a text file listing 1,700 of the 52,000 that I need to copy into another folder (folder 2).
- The 1,700 file names in the text file have random gaps in the sequence of numbers. For example: 5449.pdf, 7423.pdf, 23990.pdf, etc.
- Is there a way that I can feed Directory Opus the list of 1,700 file names and have it copy those files from folder 1 (with the 52,000 files in it) to folder 2?
You can use the SelectEx script/command to select files based on a list in a text file or the clipboard.
That would then let you copy those files normally once they are selected.
Cool. I'll try that.