Copy (lister context menu) settings to another opus user?

I have successfully copied all toolbars, but having no luck with context menus.

• Will this even work?

Thanks

The lister context menu should be in /dopusdata\Buttons\Menus

I copied the whole buttons folder with the menu folder inside it, but it only affected the toolbars. I just restarted opus and this had no effect.

• The user is on a separate machine if this makes any difference.

The path i'm using is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Buttons\Menus

Opus is set to share user settings, so there isn't any data in the other user folders, only the all users.

Are both machines set to use a shared config?

Which filenames are in the Menus folder on each machine?

If you edit the menu on the target machine, you should be able to find out which file gets modified to confirm where it is stored. (Wait a few seconds after leaving Customize, since the menu won't always be saved to disk immediately.)

No, different!

Computer1 -- Used to create the custom settings:
[C:\Documents and Settings\kgibbs\Application Data\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Buttons\Menus

Computer2 -– Received the custom settings:
[C:\ Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Buttons\Menus

Identical mirror -- I copied and pasted the complete [buttons] directory.

Computer1 -- Created new toolbar “cptr1”
Computer1 -- search C:\ “cptr1” finds “C:\Documents and Settings\kgibbs\Application Data\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Buttons\cptr1.dop”

Computer2 -- Created new toolbar “cptr2”
Computer2 -- search C:\ “cptr2” finds “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Buttons\cptr2.dop”

I'm assuming from your questions that copying context menus from one computer to another should work fine, just like the toolbars?

So one computer has Opus configured to use private configuration (in the kgibbs folder) and the other is configured to use shared configuration (in the All Users folder).

Did you copy the menus to and from the right folders?

Don't create a new toolbar. Edit the context menu you're trying to replace, so you can see which file is actually being used for it.

After restarting the computer the context menus took hold. Shutting opus all the way down and restarting it didn't help.

Everything was copied to the right place. Context menus work differently in memory vs toolbars I guess?

I expect you hadn't actually exited Opus until you rebooted. See the FAQ on exiting Opus / running in the background / etc.

Correct, I didn't close both processes in the task manager. I tested this again and it does update without a machine restart.
Thanks! Leo

You don't have to close them in task manager. (Doing that is dangerous, in fact; you might close them while a config file is being updated.)

You don't have to close both of them, either. (dopusrt.exe can stay running.)

Read the FAQ I mentioned for instructions on how to exit Opus. It's very easy once you know how.

Got it!
Thanks again Leo