Copying fails

I have a 125Gb file and I'm trying to copy it somewhere on the same or on the other partition. DOpus fails with:
An error occurred copying. The parameter is incorrect. (87)
when progress reaches 4Gb.

Source partition is NTFS, destination partition is either NTFS or ReFS.

There is plenty of free disk space.

xcopy from command prompt succeeds in doing the same.

DOpus seem to copy well 10Gb file in the same conditions.

I'm confused.

There's no limit on filesizes within Opus itself.

Is the destination server a Windows machine or something else? That could complicate things, although I don't know why it would work in some software and not others.

It's the same machine, Win11, freshly setup few days ago...

Have you tried without antivirus? (Including Defender.) It will be involved in all file copies so it could be a factor, especially if it’s only going wrong with some files and not others.

If Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced [Filesystem]: copy_nonbufferio_threshold has been modified (the value will be shown in bold if it has), please try resetting it. Same with copy_buffer_size above it.

Process Monitor logs of what happens when the copy fails may also reveal something: Process Monitor instructions

Tnx for tips. Fortunately or unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this anymore (even though I managed to experience problem multiple times when it originally happened).

One question - the message was 'The parameter is incorrect (87)'. Could you, please, check where this error number comes from? Maybe its meaning could hint why this happened? Tnx.

The error number and message come from Windows. It means an API call failed due to the parameters being passed, but knowing exactly why requires a lot more information.

For example, if an “unlocker” tool was used to close a file handle that was still in use, and the handle was used again, it could result in that error. But it could come from many different places; that’s just one example.