Copying In Batch

Hello,

Can someone tell me if something like this is possible?

I have a ton of files I need to copy and they are in diverse locations.

Instead of me having to babysit the copies I would like to give some instructions to opus and have it take care of it.

Example:

Copy c:\TopicA\Subtopic1* x:\TopicA\Subtopic1
Copy c:\TopicA\Subtopic2* y:\TopicA\Subtopic2
Copy c:\TopicB\Subtopic3* y:\TopicA\Subtopic3
Copy c:\TopicC\Subtopic4* z:\TopicA\Subtopic4

If someone can tell me a way to craft something like this from within opus that would be great.

Thanks.

CORRECTION: (Can't seem to edit my post.)

Copy c:\TopicB\Subtopic3* y:\TopicB\Subtopic3
Copy c:\TopicC\Subtopic4* z:\TopicC\Subtopic4

quote="jimerb"Instead of me having to babysit the copies I would like to give some instructions to opus and have it take care of it.

Example:

Copy c:\TopicB\Subtopic3* y:\TopicA\Subtopic3
Copy c:\TopicC\Subtopic4* z:\TopicA\Subtopic4

(...)[/quote]

I can not understand your real need! :frowning: (If you want to type a batch file, why you did not use CMD instead of DOpus?)

Anyway, you can use DOpus CLI for copying files. The syntax will be as:

Copy c:\TopicA\Subtopic1\*.*  TO x:\TopicA\Subtopic1

[quote="searcher123"]Anyway, you can use DOpus CLI for copying files. The syntax will be as:

Copy c:\TopicA\Subtopic1\*.*  TO x:\TopicA\Subtopic1

Use * rather than . with Opus, else it won't copy files/folders that don't have a . in them.

If you have a huge list of folders then you could build up a button using the same syntax, then click the button. That would work as well as using the Opus CLI and is probably easier to edit/paste into.

Your on the right track of what Im looking for.

How do I create the script? I've been using opus for a year or so but I've never set up a script in it.

How do I get to Dopus "CLI?"

I'm pretty good with scripts and stuff. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Do you know if there is a way to do special handling on a copy or move? For example if a move gets an error because a file is set as read only is there a switch or error handling that can bypass it or force it to move?

Watch Toolbars 1 (video tutorial).

Drag the CLI button out of the Customize/Commands window on to your toolbar, then click it.

Alternatively, if you have the find-as-you-type field enabled in Opus, just type >CLI while in a directory. (Avoid special directories like Desktop and My Computer where FAYT doesn't work.)

You can force overwrites (i.e. of read-only files) and skip errors without prompting by passing the Copy command certain arguments. See the manual, under Opus Raw Commands, for descriptions of all the arguments.