Crash in DO on right click after Win 10 install

I've had a continuing problem with DO crashing on right click for numerous files. This happened after I moved to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I didn't do a clean install, but rather an upgrade, which otherwise seems to have gone swell.

Any idea why I'm getting this error? Should I contemplate a fresh install of DO?

Please see Crash, exit or high CPU usage when right-clicking certain files.

I am also having the same problem from win 7 to 10. I did not notice it when I did a clean install. I will go back and check that. I normally do a clean install of any Windows but I had so many issues whereas the upgrade was pretty clean.

I went back to my clean Windows 10 installation and the Dopus context menus are working fine. So I decided to reinstall with admin rights on my Win 7 to 10 upgrade and I still have the problem. If I right-click on a drive in the drive/folder tree, DOpus crashes then allows me to restart. Right clicking a filename produces an error but lets me ESC out of it. The Windows 10 File Manager works just fine.

Please see the FAQ Leo linked to.

Jon, I did read the FAQ from Leo, but right-clicking worked perfectly in Windows 7, and also works fine with Win 10's File Manager.

What were your debug results?

I decided to do a clean install and the problem was resolved.

Have been using windows 10 Tech Preview over 4 months on my laptop dual boot with windows 7 with no problems
Windows 7 upgraded still no problems with Opus
Yesterday my Desktop Windows 7 got the upgrade to windows 10 now right click folder ok but right click files causes Opus to stop working and restart.
Have followed Leo`s link
Tried
Extremely Quick Fix
Which worked
Then did
Finding The Culprit
And the last entry was for Notepad++ which is mentioned as a culprit
Checked and it was a very old version from 2011 but had not caused any problems till I installed Windows 10
Updated Notepad++ and Opus working OK

Thanks to Leo for the link

I have had the same issue since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

I will try a clean install and see if that solves the issues I am having.

Ian

[quote="IanLS"]I have had the same issue since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Ian[/quote]

We recommend trying the things in the FAQ linked in the first reply.

[quote="leo"][quote="IanLS"]I have had the same issue since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Ian[/quote]

We recommend trying the things in the FAQ linked in the first reply.[/quote]

Hi Leo, I have some more information that may help sort out the problem. The problem may be related to the Windows USB 3 driver (the disk which usually causes the problem is an SSD in USB 3 enclosure) or it could be related to the new build of Acronis ATI 2015 which was released in late July. Of course, it could be a combination of both. Mounting ATI 2016 disk images does not cause any problems (they are on internal HDD).

I will investigate further and get back to you.

Ian

Not the USB driver; attached the SSD to a SATA III port on the main board and the issue is still there; I have discounted possibility that the SSD is failing (it is 3 years old) and a new SSD has the same issue. I will see if disabling Windows right click fixes the issue.

Ian

It's probably quickest to try the things in the FAQ I linked before trying random other stuff.

What does the debug output show when the crash happens?