Crash when right-clicking

If you have notepad ++ and Dopus 11 crashes when right clicking, upgrade notepad! The latest version fixed my issues.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit. Dopus 11, with notepad ++ v6.5.5 with no problems now. :grin:

Same problem since Dopus 11, all other things equal.
Dopus closes silently on right-click on any file type, but not on folders.

[quote="benpal"]Same problem since Dopus 11, all other things equal.
Dopus closes silently on right-click on any file type, but not on folders.[/quote]

Same problem -> Same answer -> Use this guide, from the FAQs and linked in 3rd post in this thread, to find the shell extension causing the crash:

[ul][li]Crash, exit or high CPU when right-clicking certain files[/li][/ul]

(Assuming you are not using Notepad++; if you're using that, try updating it first, since that fixed the problem a couple of people were seeing and may save you time.)

Notepad++ upgrade helped here!! :smiley:

I tried to follow the manual route, switching off single extensions - still crashed on right click
Then I did the first suggestion, switching it completly off - still crashes on right click.

I prefer not to beta test.

Please advise how on how to back to previous version.

Ok, Notepadd++ update seems to have solved it.
Although I do not know why switching it off did not help. Possibly because it is not easy to switch off individual extensions the way the tutorial explains it.

It's not that every other advice says to update the Notepad++, I know, it was hard to find it :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile: right by the time i was here - not!
thank you for your helpful remark.