Crashing on start due to Daemon Tools

DO has started to crash on start sometimes with a error dialog pointing to a memory issue, reinstalling didn't work and I'm not sure what to do. I've already removed all network locations as the last open window when the first crash began was open on a network location and disabled all startup services.

I'm working on a day old windows 10 install, latest versions of OS and DO.

Send us the crash logs and we can tell you if the problem is in Opus or something else that has loaded itself into the process:

That is meant to be located at \Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp if I am correct?

There are no dump files located there, instead I've used the create log from task manager, on a DO task that was already running and on the task as I opened DO but am unable to upload here so I have emailed a link to a cloud folder containing the dumps.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 212640

That's the warning I sometimes get.

The crash is caused by DTShl64.dll, part of Daemon Tools.

It's been causing crashes for years. There are better tools that do the same thing.

Thanks Leo!

Is there a fix or workaround for this or will I have to make do without Daemon Tools for now?

A suggestion for an alternative to Daemon Tools would be welcome!

You should be able to uninstall just the DT shell extension using ShellExView: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

Failing that, I would ask Daemon Tools for the best method, so that it doesn't get re-enabled when it's updated or anything like that.