Create a shortcut using a predefinded program using DOpus

I have an FLV flash file viewer which allows me to watch videos. I would like to know is there a way to create a shortcut by selecting a file that then appends the name of the program I want it to run with?

Example: "c:\program files\Flv viewer\flv viewer.exe" "c:\favorite videos\favorite video.flv"

I want to select the file I want to create the shortcut, hit the command button which creates the above shortcut. I can then select the shortcut and run the video using that program. Right now...I have to manually create the shortcut by searching for the video files and then creating the pointer to that file in the shortcut. It takes too long to do this. So I was wondering if DOpus can make this a little easier to do. Thanks.

Why don´t you set the standard program for .flv files to FLVViewer.exe? Then you could just click the clips & watch them.
Otherwise you can use the "c:\program files\Flv viewer\flv viewer.exe" "%1" routine.
In the preferences -> filetypes -> system file types type in »flv«, then »edit«. Under »events«
you could, for example, set the Alt-doubleclick event to "c:\program files\Flv viewer\flv viewer.exe" "%1", which would open
the file in the viewer.

I don't want to mess with the default program that launches the FLV extension. that's why I wanted to create a command button that allows me to temporarily bypass the primary program running the extension. My question still stands.

Why don't you just create an Opus button that opens the selected files with FLV?

Well, the second tip would leave your standard program completely untouched. All you need is to hold down the modifier key.
Other solutions i wouldn´t know, sorry. :confused:

Bingo. I think this is what I'm looking for. I just don't know how to do this.

Copy following code into your clipboard, go into customize mode & paste it somewhere in a toolbar:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>open in FLV-Viewer</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>&quot;c:\program files\Flv viewer\flv viewer.exe&quot; &quot;%1&quot;</instruction> </function> </button>

Thanks for posting this.