"Create File" option?

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to bind a "Create File" option (Much like "Create Folder") to a key. However, I do not see such an option by default in Opus 9.

I would expect this feature to create a new file named "New File" (with no extension, because I like to determine the extension myself) and it be active in rename mode so I can press my "Create File" key, and immediately start typing the new name of the file (and extension).

Is there such a feature?

This thread probably has what you want:

[How to? New file without extension)

Thanks!

This is exactly what I need, I think (You posted this):<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>Create empty file</label> <icon1>#default:rename4</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>@set name={dlgstringS|Enter File Name|Readme.txt}</instruction> <instruction>copy FILE=&quot;nul&quot; AS=&quot;{$name}&quot; HERE</instruction> <instruction>select {$name}</instruction> </function> </button>

However, you mentioned to check the FAQ on what to do with the XML, however after clicking the "FAQs" link in your signature, I'm not sure what I need to be reading. Sorry for any obvious questions I'm asking.

Thanks again for your help.

What to do with the XML: [url]How to use buttons and scripts from this forum]