Create Folder(s) based on Filename(s): Context Menu Button

Hello All,

I can see that some work was already done on making a shortcut or toolbar button for creating a folder based on the selected filename(s) (minus the file extension). If there were more than one filenames selected then the name of only the first file would be used for creating the folder name and all the selected files would move into it. Pretty useful.... have a look over here :

Well sure it is, but something extra is desired with my case having a sizeable digital collection of movies and episodes. I usually store my movie files (avi,mkv,mp4) in separate folders (one per movie file) based on the actual movie name/file name.

So if I have 4 movie files in any folders, then after selecting the desired files, I would like a right click context menu button to offer me to create as many (4 folders) folders with exact filenames (minus the file extension) which were in the selection, and to automatically move the movie files into their respective folders as well. Which would save me a lot of tedious work and make my life easier.

I hope i was clear in describing what is needed. Is it something too much to ask for ? , I am pretty sure that experts and RegEx gurus here can make it look like a piece of cake and I would get a working solution before I know.

Thanks for all your co-operation in advance.

Regards,
AlterEgo.

One way of doing it:

Copy MOVE FILE {filepath$} HERE CREATEFOLDER {file$|noext}

[quote="leo"]One way of doing it:

Thanks Leo,

Have you tried it, guess it should work correct coming from a pro like you.

Please also guide me how to add this function/button not only to the toolbar but also the mouse right-click context menu when i select the desired file in the lister modes.

Will be trying it now.

Thanks.

To add the code to the context menu:

Click Settings > File Types > Double click All files > Context Menu Tab > New >

Action: Create Folder from Filename
Type: Run an Opus function
Function: Standard Function
Code: Copy MOVE FILE {filepath$} HERE CREATEFOLDER {file$|noext}

[quote="Alterego"][quote="leo"]One way of doing it:

Thanks Leo,

Have you tried it, guess it should work correct coming from a pro like you.

Please also guide me how to add this function/button not only to the toolbar but also the mouse right-click context menu when i select the desired file in the lister modes.

Will be trying it now.

Thanks.[/quote]

Figured it out myself.

Anybody else interested in adding custom shortcuts to file type specific right click context menus should read the following.

gpsoft.com.au/manual9/NetHel ... ommand.htm

Directory opus is an excellent tool offering virtually everything imaginable for extensive file management.

Thanks everyone and Leo for tell me the custom commands.