Create new 'empty' versions of files

Hey guys,

Just wondering if this is at all possible...

I would like to take an existing set of files (they are video files, if that is important) and recreate them with zero file size.

I use a mobile app which has the ability to scan a directory of files and add them to a database of movies. For example, I would put empty files with the names of movies in a directory on my phone, then point the app to that directory. The app then scans the directory and creates a list of movies based on the names of files it finds in the directory.

My collection of video (movie) files is too large to put onto my phone, so I was hoping I could recreate all the files for which I have movies, but for the new files to be empty.

Previously I have been doing this through MS Excel, I would create the list of files/movies in a directory - in Excel, then use a macro in Excel to create empty TXT files for each movie in the list.

Is there a way to do this in Directory Opus?

Thanks a lot for any help.

These threads may be useful:

Ah excellent, thanks a lot for that Leo - they both look pretty promising.

I had attempted to google and search the forums for previous posts/threads, but I guess the vocab I was using to explain/search was just different enough as to not get any results.

Thanks again for your help & direction.

The best solution for this so far is Zero Zipper - skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=zero-zipper

I regularly use a button to "zero-size" files, I tweaked it a bit for you, to not actually delete the content of the files selected, instead it creates zero-byte sidecar files, which you can easily sort (by size) and just copy to your mobile?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button display="both">
	<label>Create 0 byte copy</label>
	<tip>Create 0 byte copy</tip>
	<icon1>6</icon1>
	<function type="batch">
		<instruction>@nodeselect </instruction>
		<instruction>@filesonly </instruction>
		<instruction>@disablenosel </instruction>
		<instruction>@nofilenamequoting </instruction>
		<instruction>@runmode:hide </instruction>
		<instruction>type &gt; &quot;{f|noext}_zero{f|ext}&quot; nul:</instruction>