Current folder marker trail stops working on network drives

Since installing the initial DO13 release and still with the current latest non beta v13.3, I have an issue where the folder tree stops expanding to the current folder at some point after opening a lister but only on network paths.

Initially its fine and expands and highlights the path to the current UNC based path just fine. However some time later this stops working and it just shows the root Network path as selected and nothing is shown below it.

Once this happens, pasting a network path in makes no difference although local paths still work fine. If I close just the affected lister and reopen another its working again.

I have been trying to find an obvious trigger but haven't so far. DO12 worked fine on this PC and if I use one of my other PCs that I haven't upgraded yet from DO 12 they still work fine to the same server for as long as I am using them.

DO13:

DO12:

Is there anything I can I do to help narrow down the cause (ProcMon etc) ?

Does reading directories on that drive get quite slow for some of the levels? Tree expansion can be cancelled if it takes too long.

The server shares I am accessing are SSD based and I've not noticed any slow access or file/folder enumeration on those.

That server also has some HD based shared for drive image backups from all my PCs that do go into sleep mode and take a little while to spin up, but I don't use those shares other than for automatic backups. All my day to day data is on SSD based shares.

Does DO 13 determine slow by share or by server and has this area changed from DO12?

Slowness would be for individual directories, so if the folders you're navigating into (and all the parent levels above them) aren't slow, it won't be that.

Can you show the setting you have under Preferences / Folder Tree / Expand/Collapse?

Preferences / Folder Tree / Expand/Collapse:

Any other thoughts on this?

If you can make a process snapshot of Opus when the tree is in this state and send it to us we might be able to see something. Most likely the background thread that handles tree expansion has gotten stuck on a particular folder.

Many thanks for sending the DMPs. Unfortunately, they didn't reveal any stuck threads or similar that might explain what's happening.

Something worth a try is to go to Preferences / Folders / Network Servers and add the server(s) in question at the bottom, "Always add these computers". That would ensure they're always available to the folder tree, even if server enumeration isn't always working. (Best done when things are working, and after that will hopefully mean they stay working.)

I've made the settings change and for the last couple of hours its been fine so far, but in case its of use:

Even when the folder expansion was still working on all listers the 'Select Server' dialog remained empty other than the root despite waiting a while/re-opening and at that time Windows Explorer was showing network servers.

I could have just added the server path but for interest I shut down DO entirely and restarted it and no change, but after a restart of Windows it then showed the other servers.