Current Projects buttons (+hotkeys)

Hi there,
Very simple,
As I work on say 3 or 4 projects for maybe a few days to a month I use these buttons with hotkeys (1-5) which work great for 'current' projects. It's quicker than constantly updating favourites etc. Might be helpful to people.
For instance 1 = Current, highly active project etc. 2,3,4 descending.
I might set 2 to another project that I get less calls about. Like all work it's transient and changes so my '1' folder in a few weeks would be something else. Shift click sets the folder, and obviously I would set the hotkey to 1 in the button, and so on for 2-5. I have attached a .zip with the pngs which are skinny so don't take up too much toolbar space.

Below is code for 'folder1' so you would update each 2 to 5.

aed_Quick1.zip (4.0 KB)

//Shift + click will set the folder project.

//No modifier down////////////////////////////////////////////
@keydown:none  
Go  {$glob:folder1} TABFINDEXISTING  

//if shift down set global var to source path////////////////////
@keydown:shift    
@set glob!:folder1 = {s} 
{dlgstring|  folder1 has been set to : |{$glob:folder1}   }

3 Likes

would be nice with come labels huh? Well maybe in DOpus 14

You can already add labels if you want them.

My apologies for not explaining more clearly. i meant dynamic labels. Like a variable or something to change to set the label of the button, so you know which project is selected.

That can be done in Opus 13 using Evaluator Button Labels [Directory Opus Manual].

Quick example, where the button label will change to the path where you last clicked the button:

@set glob!:folder1={sourcepath|noterm}
@toggle:update
@label=Val("$glob:folder1")
1 Like

I use all kinds of custom buttons for locations, like normal bookmarks. The idea of this is just the 'most active' projects based on 1-5. Sounds like you want normal bookmarks or location buttons.

Oh, nice thx, gonna try that!