Custom file sorting + hotkeys

Hello, I'm not a programmer, and would say a newbie.
1_
Is there a way to sort files by more than one field like Outlook does using the Shift key?
And,
2_
I'm trying to apply hotkeys to the way files are sorted,
Up to now I have only been able to use multiple keys like Ctrl+ F8 which is cumbersome, and not for each kind of sorting.
Ideally I'd like something acdsee has.
For example:
Sort by name: Numpad 1
Sort by date: Numpad 2
Sort by size: Numpad 3 etc
Assending: Numpad +
Descending: Numpad -

TIA

Yup! In Opus you click with the Ctrl key instead of the Shift key to sort by multiple columns. Maybe Opus should also recognise Shift for this as well, but for now Ctrl does it.

[quote]For example:
Descending: Numpad -[/quote]
Does Opus not allow Numpad 1 etc. as hotkeys? I cannot check right now but if it doesn't I think there is already a request for the next version which will hopefully enable it.

The commands to do each of the sorts look like this:

Set SortBy=MODIFIED SortReverse=Off

Replace MODIFIED with NAME or SIZE or any other column name. (In the Command Editor's advanced mode you can get a list of available columns in the drop-down Arguments menu, after selecting SortBy. No need to remember all their names.)

The SortReverse argument can be given On, Off or Toggle, or be left out completely to keep the existing reverse setting. You can also leave out the SortBy argument and just use SortReverse to change the direction without changing the sort column.

Thanks for the prompt reply!
I managed to sort bymodified with numpad4 and bysize with numpad 2, but sorting by name will nort work (numpad 1). Dunno why, even if I change a hot key it still doesnt work.
Also is there a way to reverse the order?

As for the ctrl ... Dohh.. how come didn't I try it..

Set Sortby=Name SortReverse=Off definitely works for me.

Make sure there isn't another command on the same hotkey(s) you are trying. To do that, select Settings->Customize and then click on the Keys tab. Any conflicts will be shown in red.

I mentioned SortReverse at the bottom of my original reply. That's what you need to use to reverse the sort order.

Cool, and thanx again!
I was going through the post quite hectic b4.
I managed to assign all the hotkeys and the sortreverse toggle as well.
This is a really deep application.

One last question, which maybe I should post elsewhere is:
if there is a way to drag the thumbnailed files and sort them at will, customly. Helpfull for arranging for slidshows, comparing etc.
Explorer lets you and so does acdsee with images.
Whenever I try in D.O. it will not let me to. They are "glued" and will not move.
Any solution?
TIA

Not at the moment, no.

Opus always sorts the files according to a criteria (name, size, date, etc.). It doesn't let you move things around, except by changing the attribute(s) which you're sorting by (e.g. renaming a file).

Here's a thread from a couple of months ago where I think this idea was suggested for the first time: [Custom File Sort Order for paperless office)

If it's something you need, drop GPSoft a request so it's in their database.

Yup! In Opus you click with the Ctrl key instead of the Shift key to sort by multiple columns. Maybe Opus should also recognise Shift for this as well, but for now Ctrl does it.

[quote]For example:
Descending: Numpad -[/quote]
Does Opus not allow Numpad 1 etc. as hotkeys? I cannot check right now but if it doesn't I think there is already a request for the next version which will hopefully enable it.

The commands to do each of the sorts look like this:

Set SortBy=MODIFIED SortReverse=Off

Replace MODIFIED with NAME or SIZE or any other column name. (In the Command Editor's advanced mode you can get a list of available columns in the drop-down Arguments menu, after selecting SortBy. No need to remember all their names.)

The SortReverse argument can be given On, Off or Toggle, or be left out completely to keep the existing reverse setting. You can also leave out the SortBy argument and just use SortReverse to change the direction without changing the sort column.[/quote]

Hi. Is there a way to make a short key cycling through sorting mods?

I mean I am in view>details. When my column set up is only

• filename
  • size
  • type
  • modified
    Then can I have a shortkey to cycle through these 4 options?

I don't think there's a way to do this at the moment. Send GPSoft a request and maybe they'll add one.