Custom sort?

Is there a way to make a custom sort, so that the subfolders in the directory are in alphabetical order, but files are in some other order (e.g. newest first)?

Yes, there's an option in the folder format editor to make folders always sorted alphabetically while files are sorted however you choose.

Thanks! Hadn't found that because I was always looking under the "Settings" menu list instead of the "Tools" menu list.

Actually, there is a problem.

Making that setting works until I close DOpus, but when I restart DOpus it reloads the list with my previous basic sort (i.e. recent to oldest) applied to both files and folders, forgetting that I made the setting for folders to always be alphabetical.

Is there a way to make the setting for folders "Keep folders sorted alphabetically" really KEEP them that way, until such setting is changed manually?

See the Folder Formats FAQ.

Just what I needed. Thanks!

I would like to add a toolbar button to toggle the alphabetical sorting of folders on and off, and have created one that doesn't function quite right. It's command is:
SET KEEPFOLDERSALPHA/K [on,off,toggle]

However, it does not toggle, and will act only one time. I have also tried Toggle by itself in the brackets, but that results in no action at all.

Can someone please help me with this, so that I toggle whatever the current state happens to be?

Set KEEPFOLDERSALPHA=toggle

Cool, thanks! I was taking was in the manual too literally; didn't understand the syntax.

At least you looked at the manual, more than most people do :slight_smile: