Custom Toolbar Button Icon - Backup and Restore

Hi,

I've created a new button in toolbar and assigned a custom icon from local file system. When backing up all DO settings and checking all available options, a later restore (on a different PC) does not return this icon, the button shows one of the available DO default icons instead.

Can I change this behaviour somehow? I mean, is it possible to store the appropriate icon this way (preferable during backup of settings) to get it back on my 2nd PC?

Of course I could save my own icons on a network share but nevertheless when this share is inaccessible, the button's icon will disappear again.

Moreover, I'm using the same icon on a custom label. This icon is not backed up either and wil lshow as a blank default icon on 2nd PC.

Any hints how to get around this little issue?

Thanks,
Michael

1 Like

Are your icons added from an image file or via an icon set loaded in DOpus? I think DOpus, if configured to backup icons, only backs up icon sets loaded in DOpus. Images backed up are only those loaded in DOpus, as well (tool bars, backgrounds).

In addition, you may want to read this and this.

Nope, just opend a single PNG file from file system and added it to this button and label.

As I understand icon sets, this will replace any icons within DO, right?

Thanks,
Michael

If you want icons that are stored as part of your Opus config, put them in /dopusdata/User Data (paste that path into the address bar and it will take you to the location).

Anything in that folder will be included in backups.

3 Likes

Yeah! That works as expected! I'm now using /dopusdata/User Data

Thanks for all of your hints!

Michael