Customize: right-click on files "context menu"

Can the context menu shown when right clicking on files and folders be customized in opus?
Thanks

In the options you have the file types menu. You can customize items under the "files & folders" entry. It´s in the middle tab.

FYI in addition to what abr said about context menus for files and folders, you can also customize the Opus context menus that appear when you right click in other areas by going into customize mode and selecting the Context Menus tab.

For most software today, the efficiency of right-clicking to access an appropriately customized menu is, for whatever reason, lacking and next to impossible to reasonably circumvent. Finally discovering a way to control, even a secular part of this, is an exhilarating experience to say the least. Somehow, I feel like I've found an Achilles' heel in the mecca-software-giant, kingpin arena. I could only hope this idea becomes infections and proliferates throughout the entire software industry. And, while I'm wishing... how about the same control for all of the antiquated small open/save dialog boxes and similar that never seem to improve over time from upgrade to upgrade!

Thanks for this feature and to those giving advice how to use it "life just got easier!"

You can also use Opus to tidy-up most of the context menu items added by other tools, although it requires some poking around unless you just want to hide everything by default:

How about "Open in Opus"? Everything already does, so I only need "Explore"
Thanks

You can't get rid of the default verb (it's what happens when you double-click).

My file context menu for JPEGs is quite long and I can't find where it's listed to edited it using the above, at least in 2023. Can I cull this, and add more important items to this? The main problem is software that added it's subitems (though they don't appear on Explorer's context menu).

And I'd love to add the image rotate commands...especially 180 degree rotate, since I've been doing a lot of scanning of my deceased mother in laws photos and there's so many it's too much of a chore to position them before scanning.

Thanks in advance.

See Tip: Organise and Speed-Up Context Menus

Even if you click "Show More Options"? (Assuming Windows 11, which has two layers of context menus where the first layer hides most of the items.)

Add menu items which run Opus commands like this:

Image ROTATE=180 HERE REPLACE PRESERVEDATE
@nodeselect

(Similar rotation buttons are on the default Images toolbar, but they'll also work fine in file context menus.)

Thanks Leo! In all the years I've been using DO, I never customized the context menu since generally, I found the defaults fine. But that worked splendidly and I think I may look into DO functions even more. DO is the best. Thanks!