Cut/Copy/Paste shortcuts for left handers Dopus-12

Hi,

Dopus 11 has always had a problem with what a lot of left handers use for cut/copy/paste, see an issue I raised a couple of years ago (never fixed BTW):

Now 12 is even worse, it doesn't appear to handle Ctrl+Ins, Shift+Ins, Shift+Del at all. Please fix this before release.

Thanks.

You can change the actions to use any hotkeys you want via Settings > Customize Toolbars > Keys.

These alternative shortcuts come in handy even for right handed persons, I added them and I use them myself very often and I'd say, there's nothing wrong with making them factory default for all users. I have coworkers (all right handers) for which I added the mentioned keyboard-combos to their DO config, because they missed them too, so these might really be useful for other as well.

It's a forgotten (windows?) standard, I don't know where it derived from and not many people know these shortcuts, but they are out there. o)

Or is the problem that you have set those up already, and now they interfere with the same hotkeys (for a different purpose) in the Find panel?

Setting Ctrl+Ins and Shift+Ins does allow me to copy and paste files in a file view which is an improvement thanks, (though it would be nice if they were configured by default).

My original problem with the search panel still exists in the 12 beta though and assigning the keys does not fix it:

I've been using the Find capability a lot recently, and this problem is still a real pain for me, can I request you take another look. Fundamentally the edit boxes in there (anywhere in the utility panel actually) do not seem to be picking up the Ctrl-Insert and Shift-Insert keys for copy/paste, regardless of shortcut assignment.
A standard MS edit box works though, so it must be something special in DOpus.

Just tried - both work fine here.

Works fine here as well.

If it isn't working, it may be because you've explicitly assigned some other action to the Shift/Ctrl-Insert hotkeys, which would override what they do in the Find Panel as well.

Edit: Re-reading the old thread, that's likely what's happening. I'll see if we can make it so the Find panel ignores those hotkeys like it does with Ctrl-C/X/V.

Looking in more detail, it already works fine with Shift/Ctrl-Insert defined as copy/paste hotkeys in the file display. Those definitions are there by default these days. I don't think we need to do anything here. It works already.

Make sure you're on the latest version of Opus. It may also be best to delete any existing Shift/Ctrl-Insert hotkeys you've made yourself, and ensure you're picking up the default ones which come from the Edit menu. They should look like this, and be under Toolbars not Hotkeys in the Keys tab:

If needed, you can factory-reset the Menu toolbar to pick up the key assignments. (You may still need to delete any standalone hotkeys for them that you created yourself in the past.)

If you don't want to factory-reset it due to other changes, here are the standard button definitions to replace the Copy and Paste items in the Edit menu. You can paste this directly into the menu (instructions) to create the menu items.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" textcol="none">
	<label>C&amp;opy\tCtrl+C</label>
	<tip>Copy selected files and folders to the clipboard</tip>
	<hotkeys>
		<key>ctrl+C</key>
		<key>ctrl+insert</key>
	</hotkeys>
	<icon1>#clipcopy</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>Clipboard COPY</instruction>
	</function>
</button>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" separate="yes" textcol="none">
	<label>&amp;Paste\tCtrl+V</label>
	<tip>Paste files and folders on the clipboard to the destination folder\n\n%1</tip>
	<hotkeys>
		<key>ctrl+V</key>
		<key>shift+insert</key>
	</hotkeys>
	<icon1>#clippaste</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>Clipboard PASTE</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

Deleting the old shortcut workaround is what fixed it. I've been copying the same configuration around for years onto each new install and forgotten all about them. Thanks for your help.