Dark Green Theme

My first attempt at a DOpus theme. Nice and dark, with some interesting visual elements that aren't too distracting.

The background image was taken from Grunge Backgrounds - Paper by zerocustom1989 on DeviantArt .
I think it's ok to use it / include it here, but if not then please remove this post ASAP! :slight_smile:

Opus 12: Dark Green.dlt (3.3 MB)

Opus 13: Dark Green (Opus 13).dlt (3.1 MB)

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

Please add a screenshot to the post so people can see what the theme looks like.

D'oh! That would have been good to include, wouldn't it? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip - I've added it

1 Like

I've taken the liberty of adding a modified version of the theme that works better in Opus 13. It's included in the first post, while the original is still there as well.

The original theme applied its background image to specific folders and toolbars, which is no longer supported in Opus 13. That never worked well with shared themes, as everyone potentially has different toolbars and folders/paths. The modified version uses the more general settings which affect all folders/toolbars instead, and also changes a few other colors where things didn't look right or readable.

2 Likes

Thanks, Leo, for generalizing what is an attractive theme. Just started using it with Opus 13 (which I am raving about.... what an engaging upgrade... thank you, thank you, thank you!).

One remaining tweak is needed in that the Metadata displays in banded rows. The labels of the rows using the background texture are unreadable due to the lack of contrast between black labels and green background. What say you, Mike the Tall, is this correction not too tall to make?

Ever-so-grateful,

Dave

1 Like

Those colors are under Preferences / Colors and Fonts / Directory Opus Colors / Metadata pane if you need to adjust them.

Of course you would have an option specific to Metadata. Another measure of the maturity and versatility of your product. My apologies for asking before looking. Thanks for taking time to point out the solution.

Full speed ahead.

Dave

1 Like