Date sort not switching between Asce and Desc

I have a strange bug or a weird configuration. In my left lister when I click on the Date field it sorts. Then click on it again and it sorts in the other direction. But in my right lister it is only sorting Asce and will not switch to desc. What is going on?

If it's folders, the Keep folders sorted alphabetically option might be confusing things.
Otherwise, could you please post a screenshot to illustrate the problem.

Well, I closed and opened DO and it resolved the issue. Sorry, I should have done that before posting. My apologies.

No, it is a problem in just one subdirectory. Can I have set something for just one folder?

This one directory is not sorting at all. Not by name or date.

Those folders are in alphabetical order, so it's probably exactly what Jon said above. You've turned on the checkbox in Folder Options which keeps folders alphabetical and makes the sort column only affect files.

Where is that setting, I've checked here. If set, it is by mistake.

Folder > Folder Options > Display

To check what's saved for different types of folders, go to Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats and check the same thing in there. Or, to overwrite any saved formats with new defaults, see Folder Formats: Quick Guide

Okay, found it. Weird that I would have accidentally set it for this one folder.

You guys are great, I sing your praises every chance I get.

Thanks