Default all listings to sort by 'modified date', dirs then files

HI,
I sort the listing by modified date and have to work hard to get the annoying windows default suppressed, that default lists files before folders. I need folders modified recently to appear at the top, then files below, using 'date' or 'create date' is not congruent, I am working in many directories and need to first at a glance see the most recent one and drill in. I see many options to save settings but something in my process is not correct because this is not the reliable default but I believe opus is flexible enough where it can be. Please advise how to do that. I also found setting date format to real date instead of day-of-week very hard to track down, it wound up under 'folder' settings and searching the help manual and settings by 'date' did not help me find it. Same confusion is happening with my sort default question so hopefully you can show me proper steps.
Thanks

The default in both Windows and Opus is to always list folders before files (outside special situations, like when grouping the file display). If you're seeing something else, you must already have changed it and just need to change it back.

The relevant setting is under Folder > Folder Options, on the Display tab:

The Save button at the top of the same dialog can be used to save your current settings as the default for all folders. More detail on that here: