Default column Headers: edit labels, remove ellipsis

I'd like to shorten the names for some of the default DOpus columns which is often wider than actual data, e.g.
Files (total) currently
∑Fl user customization
Is it possible to add a config that would allow me to do that?

Also, when the column width is not enough to fit the full header, it's abbreviated with an ellipsis .... Is it possible to have a config to just cut the name off without adding extra symbols?
Files (tota... currently
Files (total proposed
I understand that in some cases I won't be able to tell whether the column header name is cut off or not, I'm fine with that, being able to view more symbols in short columns is more valuable

There's no way to rename internal columns.

You could make a script column which calculates the same information and has any name you want, though.

Well, the struggles with replicating the size column indicate that it's not that simple :slight_smile: and I definitely don't want to replicate all of the other many default columns I'm perfectly happy with except for the name! Otherwise that was exactly my plan for the size/file/folder count columns!

Would you please consider adding such a feature?
I thought that maybe there is a way I could generate a custom "translation file", though the only things "translated" would be column labels? I've looked into the english.dll file and it has plain text labels — is it safe to just edit those?

You can't edit the language file, no. It won't work if you do.

Oh, that's unfortunate, seemed like a simple way :(, and I guess that editing the translation strings to get a custom localization is also not that simple?