Default Explorer View

I have Opus 10.

When I replace Explorer with Opus the Default display is a Computer Tree View of the C: drive and NOT the typical virtual view that Explorer has of Favorites, Library, Homegroup, Computer and Network which I assume is a virtual folder or Library... can I have this same view in Opus? How? Can Opus and Explorer use the same setting file so if/when I swap back and forth I will get the same default view without having to change the settings of each independently? :thumbsup:

Sure seems like you would make this the default of Opus?!

Thanks,
Gregg

You can make your default Opus view just about however you want (I think Explorer shows you a different 'Favorites' system though). You'll probably want to disable the Update Default Lister automatically when closing a lister option under Settings->Preferences->Launching Opus->Default Lister first... then, open a lister and set the view to however you want it, and then use the Settings->Set As Default Lister menu option to 'save' the lister view as your default...

There are alot of options for controlling the view... so you may want to have a peek at the Folder Formats guide in the FAQ section to get a handle on how things work if you have any trouble.

There's no way you can sync view settings between Windows Explorer and Opus... two separate apps with separate config controls.

I think you are talking about the Folder Formats and I am asking about the Left pane where the "Folder Tree" is displayed, but in Explorer this is not just a simple Folder Tree it is a Virutal Folder or a Collection or a Library as it by default is:
Favorites
Libraries
Homegroup
Computer
Network

Opus on the other hand by default displays a Folder Tree with Computer at the top, I want to change this to a Collection? like Explorer defaults too.

All the folder tree options are under Settings -> Preferences / Folder Tree.

We don't currently have a way to make the tree show exactly the same as the one in Explorer on Windows 7, but you might find options there to make it more like you want. For example, the settings for which elements are shown in the tree, and the Start Folder Tree At... setting.