Default Open Folder in Right section

Sorry! How I may to switch that?
Set As Default Lister saves only as starting mode of view!
But if i try like this:
[exec] (...) {...}
[exec] (:slight_smile: {"$ProgramFiles$"}
[exec] (!) {"$Blackbox$\system32"}

or Run %SystemRoot%\ from desktop
It's starts lister in left< window default!
Is it possible change?

Sorry, it´s completely unclear to me, what you mean. You can set left & right listers with the dirs you need, all tabs, etc.
Then you save it as your default lister & set Opus to run your default lister on start. You can separately specify what happens if you open a lister using the desktop double click.

That is all under -> options -> preferences -> Opus start. If you use some button or user command, you can also edit the paths using the OPENINLEFT & OPENINRIGHT arguments.

I don't believe there is a way to force the right pane to be used. If you run %systemroot% from the desktop and there is no lister open then your C:\Windows (or whatever) will open in the left pane of your default lister. If a lister is already open, then your C:\Windows will open in whatever pane is active.

Regards, AB

for example i use Windows menu: Start > Run (%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR)
folder will be left allways!
I could be see it in right lister default.

Usally i use many commands like it from my shell blackbox for win...
. dot
.. two dots
explorer.exe ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
and other...

If the right pane is active (green bar along the top) then a command like Start > Run (%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR) will open the selected folder in the right pane.

If the right pane is not active (orange bar along the top) then a command like Start > Run (%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR) will open the selected folder in the left pane. This is also what happens when no lister is open at the time the command is executed.

Regards, AB

If the aim is to create an external command which makes Opus open a folder in the right-hand file display, you can use a command like this:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "C:\Program Files" OPENINRIGHT

Oh! It's good for me! '/cmd Go' - Thanks!

Is it need to be enabled?
Launching Options ...Double-click on the Desktop disabled
Launching Options ...Double-click on the TaskBar disabled

Is it need dopusrt.exe process always runnig? -

Nothing action -
cmd.exe: (I try it query as cmd.exe prompt)
"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "C:\Program Files" OPENINRIGHT

DOpus.chm say OPENINLEFT/S and OPENINRIGHT/O - what is sign?

Not work :frowning:

You don't need to enable those options.

dopusrt.exe will be running in the background if desktop double-click is enabled (see the FAQ on Opus processes), but whether or not it is doesn't matter for using it to run commands.

In the manual, the /S and /O after the argument names aren't part of the names; they indicate that one is a "switch" argument and the other an "optional" argument (that can be given further sub-arguments).

I NEED HELP AGAIN :frowning:
by leo >

I do WinXP: Start/Run/

C:\I\Apps\DOpus\dopusrt.exe /cmd Go "C:\I\system32" OPENINRIGHT

It's opens in left! Why? Parameter OPENINLEFT works the same as OPENINRIGHT. Nothing is work! :frowning:
What is need to open a path in left panel?!
:frowning:

I have Opus.9.5.2 testing both x86/x64.

Your Opus version is old. Please update to the latest one before asking for help.

The description aussieboykie gave in his replies explains this... although what "I" am seeing is that if a lister is already open then the OPENINRIGHT arg always works and opens the folder you're passing to dopusrt properly in the right pane - regardless of which pane (left or right) is active, or even if the current lister / last active lister is currently a single-pane lister.

The "issues" seems to be that if NO lister is currently open when you run your dopusrt command, then the OPENINRIGHT arg seems to be getting ignored...

* IF your 'default' lister is set for a single-pane view, no second (right) pane is opened as a result of the OPENINRIGHT arg - i.e. the folder you pass to dopusrt opens in the single file display
* IF your 'default' lister is set for a dual-pane view, then the folder you pass to dopusrt STILL opens in the left pane

Dunno - maybe a bug?

Woops - actually, aussieboykie was talking about what happens withOUT using OPENINRIGHT.

At any rate, what I've described above seems to explain the results you're seeing - not that I think that is what "should" be happening... just that it's not a problem with your "configuration" or the way you're running the commands or anything.

After testing a little I found the following workaround by
using "NEW" and "DUALPATH":

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go NEW DUALPATH=/programfiles

This opens "Program Files" in the right pane (using the built-in alias).
Hope, this works for you

Good find...

I talk about style - dual display. I delete all other styles. The dual display always has some a default settings, it's good!
But i need siply open rundom folder from external command that it will be to right hand activited panel.
What is the valid command? I don't know it.
?

Oh yes! It's works!

I don't see this post before wright my post. :slight_smile: Thanks!

But one reply more. How to it make to activete right panel after this command?

dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go NEW DUALPATH=/programfiles SET AS ACTIVE ? :smiley: