Delete from collection locks up lister with audible "bling" sound

Hello! o)

Sorry to bother you, but I have another zombie lister / not clickable problem whenever I delete a folder from a file collection (regular delete to recycle bin). First the "File collection warning" dialog appears, I click "ok", then the "Really delete?" dialog appears, I click "Ok".. then the lister wont' respond to mouse clicks anymore, it will just "bling" on the speakers. I have to kill DO and restart it to get going again.

You probably remember the RBTray.exe issue, it's exactly the same. I don't know when it started. I had it happen here and there in recent time, but I'm working with file collections more right now, it happens a lot.

I also have weird issues with the context menu in the file display not showing up on right mouse button (not always, sometimes it helps to press left mouse button after hitting the right button, then the context menu will come up). Sometimes I need to use this "menu" key on the keyboard on the lower right hand side to get to the context menu at all, because no mouse press whatever will give me the context menu. For some reason it can also happen in just one file display of a dual lister.

I have a memory dump from the "bling" situation, is there a way I can see myself what's the problem in the dump thing? Probably not, hu? o)

Maybe you have a quick idea, if not I would like to send the dump, but let's start easy.. o)

Thank you! o)

You will probably tell me it's one of my tools again, well.. I tried with all the things disabled, it still happens.

We've had a couple of similar reports, but not been able to reproduce the problem yet ourselves. It also seemed to stop happening for people who could reproduce it (but then came back for one, and not the other). Not sure what's causing it at this point, other than collections seem to be involved.

Ah ok! I had a search myself now and found this similar report at least, seems related yes.

I will play around with some of the points you did in the linked thread, playing with the dialog delay and things, maybe it helps.

Do you also have reports on the context menu problem?
I have all the Windows context menu entries disabled in the preferences, so it's probably not any software making the usual context menu problems.

Thank you! o)