DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access is defined. docsf32.ocx

Upgrading to 12.20 from I don't know what version (sorry, I didn't take a pre-upgrade screen shot), I ran into this:
W10 -- 2020-03-31, 15_31_35 -- RPPL Calculations.xlsx - Saved

"Try again" didn't work. Same box kept coming up.
I chose "Cancel installation" and then I had to re-install Opus. That got me to the same problem, whereupon I chose "Skip this file (not recommended)".

I can't reboot my computer right now since I have about two zillion unsaved, non-named text files (yeah, I get how bad that is) so I'm just going to run with it with this iffy install where it didn't update the locked "docsf32.ocx".

Go into Task Manager, and sort the Details page by process name. Find any docsvw32.exe processes, right click and terminate them. (It's just a viewer, so this should be safe.)

That's the only thing that should ever use that file, unless antivirus or something else is blocking it for some reason.

(It's unusual for that file to ever be loaded as well, unless you've turned on the legacy Office mode within the viewer plugin configuration. Not updating it is also fine, and shouldn't cause any problems.)

Thanks, Leo. I'll perform your steps.

I wanted to report it because I was surprised it was still running despite me being mid-upgrade/install.
Having reported it, I'm satisfied. :slight_smile:

(It's unusual for that file to ever be loaded as well, unless you've turned on the legacy Office mode within the viewer plugin configuration. Not updating it is also fine, and shouldn't cause any problems.)
I doubt I have that enabled as it does not ring a bell.