Descript.ion in File Open /Save As?

well now that i have a zillion descriptions for my short cryptically named folders (they need to be that way) when i do a file Save As or open i sure wish there was a way to see those descriptions as the folder names are not self evident

is there any way to pass some of DOpus functions to the Windows common File Open / Save As dialogs ?
or is there a utility that will read the descript.ion file in those dialogs ?
thanks for any info or help
ds

Try turning on the Description column in your lister.

i was referring to windows file open dialog, not DOpus itself

please take another look at the original post
i do realize that this is probably a long shot wish
thanks

Oh. I guess misunderstood what you meant when you had descript.ion in your thread title. On the other hand why use the Windows file open dialog when you have Opus? I almost always do all my navigating/opening folders and files from within Opus.

To answer your original question now that I think I understand it, no, I don't know of any way to put the descript.ion entry for a folder into the Windows file open/save dialog.

[quote="JohnZeman"]Oh. I guess misunderstood what you meant when you had descript.ion in your thread title. On the other hand why use the Windows file open dialog when you have Opus? I almost always do all my navigating/opening folders and files from within Opus.

To answer your original question now that I think I understand it, no, I don't know of any way to put the descript.ion entry for a folder into the Windows file open/save dialog.[/quote]

i just wrote to Filebox Extender to see if they were interested
(good program BTW) check it out if you are not familiar with it, it is free now, it augments the standard Windows file dialogs

sometimes i need to use the application's file open and certainly always need to use the Save As and being able to see the folder descriptions would be more than a little bit handy the way my stuff is set up
ds