Developing Directory Opus for Ubuntu

The only thing that I am missing dearly on my Ubuntu install is Directory Opus. Incredible work by the developers!

As I do not want to move back to Windows, I would like to know whether there are any efforts done to port Directory Opus to Ubuntu/Linux.

Any comments on this would be great!

juro

There's no plans for a Linux port unless GPSoftware are keeping it very secret. :slight_smile:

[quote="juro"]The only thing that I am missing dearly on my Ubuntu install is Directory Opus. Incredible work by the developers!

As I do not want to move back to Windows, I would like to know whether there are any efforts done to port Directory Opus to Ubuntu/Linux.

Any comments on this would be great!

juro[/quote]

This is quite unlikely, since Linux has en entirely different structure. & since unfortunately Opus has a rather quite small market share compared to normal explorer AND Linux has a small market share on desktops, this maybe would not make much sense, unless it would be an easy thing to port it, which i believe it is not.

Damn, I thought that much :frowning:

Now to find a complete list of features ... I cannot do without!

For anyone who's interested, I have successfully run DirOpus in Linux using Wine. It seems to work beautifully (a testament to how thoroughly Wine emulates the Windows environment, I'm sure), except I haven't been able to figure out how to exit it cleanly.

That said, a native version would be highly desirous, but I can understand why it's not likely.