Directory Opus 10.0.3.1 beta status bar hidden files

I was trying to see the new feature about hidden items on the status bar, and somehow, after I must have changed something in the settings dialog, the entry about hidden files is no longer visible on the status bar.

Here's what the settings are:

{tba}, {sd}/{td} folders, {sf}/{tf} files, {sba} selected{h!} ({hi} hidden items){rpad} {pu}% full, {df} free {fl} {ls}{hi}

The only "big" change that (I think) I made to the settings was to enable showing the status bar for each display in a dual pane mode.

How can I make the entry about hidden files come back?

I'm also curious to know how this is displayed in a different background colour, as seen on the YouTube video.

When you do that, a completely different set of codes gets used when you are in dual-display mode. Click the button next to the checkbox to toggle between the two sets of codes:

You're probably missing the hidden count in the dual-display set.

For what it's worth, there's also an error in the codes you quoted. There should be a {h!} before the {rpad} on the first line. Without that, to match the other {h!} earlier on the line, the ({hi} hidden items) part is always displayed, even when there are 0 hidden items.

(The {h!} codes always come in pairs, surrounding whatever you want to hide when all the other codes in the surrounded section are zero/empty.)

(On the other hand, if you want "0 hidden items" to be shown then remove the first {h!} as well.)

Grab my codes from the Status Bar Codes thread.

Many thanks for the reply. I now realise that the hidden files indicator on the status bar is only activated if the panel display is set not to show them. This is logical after all, because there would be no need to show the information in the status bar if the hidden files are already displayed in the panel. I missed that rationale!

I shouldn't be surprised by the fact that there are two possible different status bar displays, that is one for each panel. DOPUS does almost everything one could think of, and not to do this with the status bar display would be almost unthinkable! Anyway, thank you for pointing out where I should find this option.

Thank also for your status bar codes, which I have duly copied... :slight_smile: