Directory Opus 10.2.0.4 beta is now available for all Opus 10 users.
- Directory Opus 10.2.0.4 x86 (International, 32 bit)
- Directory Opus 10.2.0.4 x64 (International, 64 bit)
- Directory Opus 10.2.0.4 Deutsch x86 (German, 32 bit)
- Directory Opus 10.2.0.4 Deutsch x64 (German, 64 bit)
This is a preliminary, beta release. Translations may not be fully up-to-date and some English text may appear in non-English versions.
The following is a guide to the changes in the Directory Opus 10.2.0.4 beta:
- Fixed problems that were preventing MTP support from working under Windows XP.
- Thumbnails are now forced to be synchronous (since MTP devices only support reading from one file at once), and file reading performance has been increased.
- Also added a new Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced option (mtp_use_thumbnails) to enable/disable the use of the dedicated thumbnail stream (if provided by the device).
- Fixed issues with drag & drop and copy/paste copies using the wrong filename for the copied files.
- We now show the modified date for the creation date and vice versa if the device only provides one of these.
Miscellaneous new features
- The Customize dialog now remembers which state the search field was set to on the Keys tab (either filtering by keys or by function).
- Fixed problem on Windows 8 where double-clicking an unregistered filetype would open the Sync center.
- Rename was incorrectly disabled in the native My Computer display.
- Fixed crash when closing a file display via the close button in its last tab (introduced in 10.2.0.3).