Directory Opus 10.2.0.7 beta is now available for all Opus 10 users.
x86 version (32-bit): [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/images/DopusSmall.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=10]Universal[/url] [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/images/flag_germany.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=12]Deutsch[/url] [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/Images/China-Flag.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=22]简化字[/url]
x64 version (64-bit): [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/images/DopusSmall.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=11]Universal[/url] [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/images/flag_germany.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=13]Deutsch[/url] [img]http://www.gpsoft.com.au/Images/China-Flag.png[/img] [url=http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp?id=23]简化字[/url]
This is a preliminary, beta release. Translations may not be fully up-to-date and some English text may appear in non-English versions.
The following is a guide to the changes in the Directory Opus 10.2.0.7 beta:
- Added an option to Preferences / Display / Options to configure a custom title for all Listers (the custom title will be overridden if the new Set LISTERTITLE command is used). The custom title string can use the same tokens (%P, %N, etc) as Set LISTERTITLE. Also added new %D and %M tokens for custom titles to insert the path and folder name of the destination folder.
- Added an sub-option for the Preferences / Folder Tree / Options / Collapse non-selected branches setting to only collapse branches if they're not currently open in another tab.
- Added the Go TABSWAP command to swap a tab in the left-hand file display with one in the right. By default the two currently active tabs are swapped, but you can specify the tab indices if desired (e.g. Go TABSWAP=0,0 to swap the two left-most tabs).
- The Go TABMOVE command (which moves a tab from one file display to the other) can now specify the position to place the moved tab to, rather than always positioning it at the end. You can specify an absolute position, -1 to indicate the same relative position, and -2 to position the moved tab to the right of the currently active tab. You can also optionally have the moved tab become active - for example, Go TABMOVE=-2,active would move the active tab in the source file display to the destination, position it to the right of the currently active tab, and then make the moved tab active.
- Added a new option for the Clipboard COPYNAMES command, capsemantics. This makes the command behave like the Windows Copy as path context menu command - all paths are quoted, irrespective of spaces.
- Improved the handling of small .ico files in thumbnails mode. Icon files now show the dimensions of their largest image as part of their thumbnail labels, and .ico files are now treated as proper images in all cases which means higher quality scaling when generating thumbnails of high resolution icons.
- Added the option thumb_48x48_icons to Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced. This makes thumbnails look good for icons which only have 48x48 pixel versions. The downside is that icons which only have 32x32 or smaller versions will look worse. The manual discusses the trade-offs in this option in more detail.
- When pasting data from the clipboard into a new file, Opus now prioritizes text over image data if the clipboard data looks like it came from Excel. This means that now if you copy cells from Excel and paste them into Opus, you'll get the text from the cells, and not a screenshot of them. In other cases Opus still prefers image data over text. The Clipboard PASTE command now has PREFERIMAGE and PREFERTEXT arguments to override both behaviors.
- Added a default folder format for MTP paths (applies to mtp://device/storage/ and below).
- Added the option mtp_enable to Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced, which allows native MTP support to be disabled if desired.
- The mtp_use_thumbnails advanced option has been removed for the moment, as this caused some problems which it is not possible to address at this time.
- If reading the root of an MTP device returns no items, Opus will now show a warning prompting you to check the device is unlocked.
- The context menu in the "Search for" field in the Duplicates Finder now says Add File / Remove File rather than Add / Remove Folder.
- Made some changes to improve performance when the user has lots (hundreds/thousands) of file collections.
- Fixed crashes when loading very large PSB (Photoshop) images.
- Fixed a bug with the Go TABMOVE command that could leave the moved tab positioned to the right of the New Tab button in the other file display.
- Login details are no longer included when using Edit -> Copy Full Pathnames and similar commands on FTP sites.
- The standard Windows Copy as path now works correctly under Windows 8.