Directory Opus 12.2.6 (beta) is now available for all Opus 12 users.
This is a preliminary, beta release. Translations may not be fully up-to-date and some English text may appear in non-English versions.
This is an Opus 12 update. If you are using Opus 11 or earlier then you should not install this beta unless you want to upgrade to Opus 12.
- Added Show VIEWERCMD=cmdbar command which shows a FAYT-style command field in the viewer.
- Added Preferences / Folder Tabs / Options / Lister closes when last tab closes option.
- The @hidenosel and @disablenosel modifiers can now be negated, e.g. @hidenosel:! would hide a button if anything at all was selected.
- When using the metadata panel to set an image's last modification timestamp, Opus now sets the EXIF DateTime tag to the same value automatically.
dopusrt.exe has a new /vcmd argument which lets you send commands to the last active viewer window.
- Default toolbars now include a PowerShell Here menu item which runs the new CLI DOSPROMPT=powershell command. CLI DOSPROMPT=powershellISE is now also supported, for opening the PowerShell ISE instead of a basic PowerShell prompt.
- In the viewer, you can now press Ctrl+TAB to switch the focus from a metadata field back to the main viewer window, and Ctrl+TAB to switch focus back to the same metadata field again.
- In the button editor, increased the length of strings which the Label and Tip fields will accept.
- Navigating to locked BitLocker devices now automatically prompts to unlock them on Windows 8 and Windows 10. (This already worked on Windows 7.)
- When selecting icons for Labels and Collections, the icon path is automatically made relative to folder aliases if possible. (e.g. /home for where Opus is installed, /dopusdata for your config folder, /programfiles, etc.) This helps make your configuration more portable.
- Paths to background images are now stored relative to standard aliases if possible, for better portability. (This was already the case for the Images folder in the configuration, but now works with more folders.) Paths to external toolbar and context menu icons are now stored relative to aliases as well.
- The various options (color, image, label state, etc) on the Customize / Toolbars page for the standard toolbars were editable in Opus Light but not saved. These settings are now preserved correctly.
Preferences / Folder Tree / Options / Expand selected branch when changing tabs now also applies in a dual file display, with a single shared folder tree, when you change from one side to the other.
- If a Folder Format specifies a background image that no longer exists, the effect is the same as if No Image was chosen in the Folder Format editor, but the editor instead displayed Default Image. The editor now displays No Image to match the actual behavior.
- The Preferences search function now understands some alternate English spellings (e.g. color/colour, behaviour/behavior).
- The Rename PRESET=last command was incorrectly documented as running immediately rather than opening the rename dialog. The docs have been corrected to reflect the actual behaviour. Also added Rename PRESET=!last which actually does let you run the last rename command without opening the rename dialog.
- The rename preview no longer shows items as ghosted if their location has changed without the name changing too.
- The rename dialog now updates any script-added custom fields correctly when loading a preset that has values for them saved, even if the control had previously been added by a different script.
- The Replace dialog now respects the preferences flag to auto-rotate thumbnails using EXIF data.
- Folder tree highlight option Use color from tab now works for tab colors which come from folder formats.
- The control used for the list of Preferences pages, and in a few other places, now works better with dark Windows themes.
- The command editor menus for the Prefs LAYOUT command no longer hide hidden layouts, since that's one place you would normally still want to see them.
- Scrolling an image in the viewer by click+drag now "tracks" the image with the mouse when zoomed unless the control key is held down.
- Fixed the Preferences dialog opening and then immediately closing if no Listers were open and the program was set to automatically close when no Listers were open. Preferences (and several other windows) will now keep the program alive similar to Lister windows.
- Fixed rendering issue relating to size/date graphs introduced by previous beta.
- Fixed an issue with miscalculation of ISO week numbers in some cases.
- Fixed the breadcrumbs path field getting a bit confused if you were in a folder below Quick Access and then navigated directly to the real parent of that folder.
- Fix for "Crash in 12.2.5".
- The Date.Format method can now be passed flags to override Preferences settings like day names in dates, when formatting dates and times according to the user's locale.
- Added script Item.Update method to update an existing Item object's size/date/attributes if the file has been modified on disk.
- The scripting Item.Labels method's category filter now works properly with user-defined categories.
- Fixed a (rather esoteric) problem which meant the GetSizes MD5 command, if run from a script, did not work correctly with files selected.