Directory Opus 12.21.1 (beta) is now available for all Opus 12 users.
This is a preliminary, beta release. Translations may not be fully up-to-date and some English text may appear in non-English versions.
Changes since 12.21:
- Fixed icons in some dialogs getting clipped slightly at 125% DPI scaling.
- Made it easier to edit a new, empty toolbar docked to the side of the screen. Previously, only a narrow strip of the visible space responded to right-clicks and drag & drops until the first button was added; now the whole toolbar does.
- Simple request dialogs now use minimal widths for multi-line messages.
- Added mitigation for something external to Opus setting ACDSee32.exe as the double-click event for images, even on machines which do not have ACDSee installed.
- Folders prevented from auto-loading by Preferences flags now do a proper evaluation of their folder format once they are loaded.
- The script Dlg.RunDlg method will now show the dialog if it has not been shown already.
- Fixed rare issue decoding certain JPEGs.
- The Folder Format group Collapse checkbox is now ignored when a file display is in List or Tiles (Vertical Layout) modes, since they do not support collapsed groups. Similarly, if you go to Preferences and turn on Tiles / Vertical Layout, all groups in Tiles mode file displays will be expanded automatically.
- Fixed List mode scrollbar appearing before it was really required if the file display was grouped.
- If the preview pane falls back on a shell thumbnail, it will now request one the size of the screen instead of something 256x256. This makes the Microsoft Raw Extension usable as a viewer within the Opus preview pane. Also fixed an issue where some file types loaded via shell thumbnails would be rotated incorrectly.
- Exporting a User Command now works even if it has illegal path characters in its name. Those characters are now also filtered out when editing user command names, since they could cause other problems.
- Adobe Illustrator .AI files are new always opened via temporary copies, like .PDF files before them, due to a lot of PDF/AI viewers ignoring the Preview Handler specifications about not locking the files they view.
- Fix for modes other than Details/Power, where shift + cursor did not select the expected range if you had just changed the selection via certain commands.
- The "close" event for the Tab.WatchTab script notification system wasn't being sent.
- Fix for slow scrolling in folders with a large number of files when labels using filters were active.
- Menus listing columns from multi-column scripts are now sorted by name.
file:// URLs pasted into the path field are now converted to normal paths. (Note: Typing them by hand, rather than pasting, doesn't work, but we can't think of any reason you'd ever do that.)