Directory Opus and Quick View Plus

I have been struggling to get Quick View Plus to work in Directory Opus, as the default document viewer. I have had no success with this at all. However, the trial version that I downloaded read all document types as expected.

I contacted Avantstar, and was advised by Joe Heiland, that my problem was because Quick View Plus' Preview Mode does not work in the trial version of the software. The Preview Mode being the feature of Quick View Plus that Directory Opus makes use of in it's Viewer Pane.

Before I shell out for the cost of Quick View Plus, which is not cheap, I am trying to ascertain if everybody concurs with Joe Heiland's view: That this is only a problem with the trial version of the software!

I have attached a copy of the emails between myself and Joe Heiland.

Regards,

Steve Lockley.
QUICK VIEW PLUS.zip (91.3 KB)

QVP trial versions did not support being used as a preview handler in the past, while the full version worked well.

I think trial versions then did support being used as a preview handler, for at least a while, but maybe that has changed again. That seemed to be how things were the last time the Quick View Plus post was updated, unless the information was incorrect, but that was some time ago.

(I've just updated the post again to say that trial versions may not work, based on what you've said.)

The paid for version of QVP does work in Opus.