Directory Opus minor animation problem. Bug report

Directory Opus 11.16.2
If Directory Opus window was resized during any operation that involves address bar animation, the animation turns off until fresh lister or new tab is opened.
mediafire.com/watch/dst0ivo4 ... l22233.mp4 - a small video to show how exactly it looks and hot to reproduce the bug.

Does it only happen in folders with an enormous number of files?

FWIW, I tried in a folder with 32,628 JPGs and 276 sub-folders, but could not reproduce what's in the video. When I add the tags column and resize the window, the spinner remains. (I am using code with some unreleased changes, so it's possible it's something we've fixed already but haven't put into the release builds yet.)

I was able to reproduce the disappearance of animation in folder containing 426 folders and 208 files so I guess vast amount of files in the folder is not a required condition. Though it was a little bit difficult because you have to resize the window during the animation and it usually turns off by itself before you can start resizing the window.

[quote="leo"]
FWIW, I tried in a folder with 32,628 JPGs and 276 sub-folders, but could not reproduce what's in the video. When I add the tags column and resize the window, the spinner remains. (I am using code with some unreleased changes, so it's possible it's something we've fixed already but haven't put into the release builds yet.)[/quote]
I may be wrong but from my understanding the windows has to be resized in such a way that the address bar will be fully closed, sometimes you have to repeat it several times.
mediafire.com/watch/ce5kjwnn ... nd_vid.mp4 - Here is another vid with 78 folders and ~1320 files this time I used SHA-1 checksum column. I also tried to show my movement as accurate as possible.

Thanks for the extra information.

I've reproduced this now with 11.16.2, but can't with our newer code, so it looks like something which is already fixed and in the pipeline. It may be a while before the fix is in a public version, but it is on the way. (If it's part of what I think it is, I made some changes to how the progress indicators worked internally that we weren't confident enough about to release immediately, so they've gone into our development branch for more testing.)

While using 11.16.2, I noticed a workaround which seems to work: Go into Customize mode and then back out again, and the indicators will re-appear, should the lister have been resized really small to make them disappear previously.

OK
Thank you.

I don't know if this information is useful to you, but the animation loss also occurs in Directory Opus 11.16.5.

The newer code won't be released for a while, definitely not in 11.16.x or 11.17.