Directory Opus won't launch when using RDP

i have audio disabled and no, i don't get high CPU, i guess i could select Leave Audio

while it may be the RDP client on OS X, it only affects Directory Opus for me, at least to my knowledge.

so i just saw there was a new release, got excited and about to purchase my upgrade. i decided i would try it on a fresh install box, and v10 still has the RDPCLIP problem, so i'm not getting the upgrade. this has been unresolved for far too long, and this only happens with directory opus

We could build in a function to automatically kill rdpclip.exe for you if that would help?

With the same setup, if you run C:\windows\system32\clipbrd.exe does that manage to start?

I'm guessing RDPCLIP on that client+server combination locks up when anything tries to add itself to the clipboard chain.

well i would have to reinstall it and test it out so i'll have to let u know if clipbrd.exe starts. will try later and report back.

killing rdclip.exe, sure that would help, but how come DO is the only app i can find that is effected by this?

If you search Google for rdpclip.exe you'll find hundreds of different problems, ranging from high CPU and memory usage, to not being able to login at all, to the clipboard being broken, to remote sessions dropping by themselves, and more. It's not only Opus that is affected; maybe Opus is just affected differently.

Also note that it's only happening to Opus on your setup and maybe one other person's. Nobody else has been able to reproduce this so we're in the dark as to exactly what's going wrong and what might be triggering it.

well thats quite a shame, but i believe it has to do with using RDP from a mac to windows with opus installed.

FWIW, Opus 10 on Vista & above will use the newer clipboard-monitoring API (added in Windows Vista), which may work better with the Mac RDP client. (Or may have no effect.)

BTW, did you ever try clipbrd.exe like I asked above?

no i haven't i forgot, i will try next time it happens, since it happens several times a day lol. i am running opus 10 on windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

And what happens when using another RDP (e.g. TeamViewer) on both machines?