DO Hangs when dropping files from 7Zip

Similar to this old issue: DOpus lister window hangs on drag and drop from WinRAR

When I select a group of files from 7zip and drop on DO it hangs. I haven't explored all ways to make this happen, it doesn't happen with every file I've done, but in the last two days it's happened numerous times, including being hung right now. I can try the solution in the linked topic, but since that was from 2013, I thought I would mention it here again. If I start to understand why, I will follow up.

After restarting DO, I changed dragdrop_async to false as suggested in the other post and the copy worked fine. What's still weird is this behavior seems to be pretty new. At least I just noticed it for the first time last night. It may have happened before and I could have written it off as spurious, as I did last night--though it happened twice in a row and I solved it by copying a few files at a time. Today, when it happened again on a different ZIP file, I thought I'd post.

One thought comes to mind: both last night and today, those files were being dropped on a folder on Drive C. Last nights, it was in a Oxygen's Frameworks folder, so protection was in order, but no system permissions box appeared, it just hung. Today, it was in a subfolder of C:\CmdLnApps, which was a totally new path I had created today on drive C for command line utilities. Once I turned of the async flag, it worked fine (and there was as expected no elevation prompt).

In comparison, usually, when I unzip from 7Zip, it's XML or other data to another drive. Though I'm sure in the past I've done it to Drive c in my Win32app folder or Win64app folder.

If it hangs again, please make some manually-generated dumps and send them to us. They may reveal something.

Depending on the archive type involved, you may be able to do everything from Opus without needing to use 7-Zip (or WinRAR), which may avoid the issue as well.