DO V13.5 problem with opening FLAC audio files with Windows Media Player v11.2403.5.0

When you right click a FLAC audio file and use the "open with" or "play with" options and select Window Media Player (WMP) v11.2403.5.0 (the latest version of WMP). DO responds with 2 separate error messages displaying the name of the FLAC file and Message 1: "The specified procedure could not be found".** and Message 2: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install and app or, if one is installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."

Using the Open or Play (when the default is not set to WMP V11.2403.5.0 and open with options works with other media players (including Window Media Player classic and VLC). I have tried Windows Explorer and it works for all selected media players (i.e. no problems whatsover).
It is not a CODEC issue and it is not a file association issue in Windows or for other media players.

I have found a clumsy workaround which involves using the "Open with" option, selecting option "Choose Default Program", then selecting WMP and then selecting either "Just Once" or "Always" option. it then opens the FLAC file in WMP V11.2403.50 correctly.
The issue is reproducible irrespective of which media player is selected in windows as the "default".
It would be good if you can look into this issue. Thanks.

No errors here on Win11, same WMP.

Are you sure the messages are from Opus?

[quote="paulclar, post:3, topic:50558, full:true"]
after a win 11 reboot , problem seems to have gone ... the default player for FLAC files is set as WMP, however in the DO Lister "type" column description column, "FLAC Audio File (VLC)" is displayed. I do have VLC installed and use it to play videos, however I would have thought that DO would display the correct (file) Type in the Lister as "FLAC Audio File" or "FLAC Audio File (Media Player)".

Note also that right clicking on the FLAC file filename and selecting properties shows: "Type of file: FLAC file (.flac)" and " Opens with: Media Player" - which is correct.