DO12 - SFTP and FTP improvements

Is there any chance of getting the many FTP and SFTP requested improvements in the DO12 release?

This is a really important function for me on a day to day basis. Just about everyone I know that works in IT would love seamless good integration for FTP and SFTP, to help working with Windows and Linux servers at the same time.

Thanks!

What specifically are you talking about?

Hi Jon,

Issues like this that I posted about a while ago...

Thanks!

That's just one issue, is there anything else? Otherwise I'll merge this thread with that one as it's not really adding anything new :slight_smile:

Nope. That's it. I think there were 3 issues in there.

1 was the file handlers not being the standard type. ftp:// for FTP, sftp:// for SFTP, and similar.
2 was the fact that it doesn't handle going to 2 different FTP/SFTP connections in different windows.
3 was the trailing slashes for the hosts being non-standard. Such as ending in // for a directory.

Each of these issues make working with the built in support a bit more difficult and a hassle day to day. I've kept checking each release since then to see if there was any mention in the notes, but I haven't seen anything yet.

If these have been fixed, or will be fixed, that would be awesome, and I'll go back to using this again.

Thanks!

I was hoping for multi-file (multi-part) FTP up/download support. I find myself almost never using Opus FTP support due to it being really slow (compared to something like FileZilla) when lots of files need to be transferred.

NOTE: Thought I'd post in this thread rather than create another since the title fits with my request.

Here's hoping for SSH keys, hinted elsewhere... :slight_smile:

SSH keys are in the beta already.

Are they? I can't find it anywhere...

Should be here:

Ahhh yes indeed; you must first choose SFTP/SSH in order for it to appear, I hadn't realised. Great stuff!!! :slight_smile: