DO12 - Vertical tab width

Since using the vertical tabs which popped up in v12, I kinda see the need for a default width setting of that new tab column and also some way to remember and set it by command or script. In the best case, an OnGUIChange event could be triggered as well.

I experience much to narrow tab column widths when opening layouts or toggling from dual to single to dual again etc. I also use this script to maximize the current source and get rid of any additional panel currently open: Toggle button to maximize source pane
But for both cases, when switching back to dual, the folder tab column is narrow and does not appear as wide as before. I don't know what setting influences the width of that area, but I'm quite sure, reading and setting it cannot be done to have full control and restore as desired.

Thanks!

ps: Tried to find the "other", much bigger, vertical tabs related v12-topic to keep things tidy, but I failed to find it, sorry.

The width is remembered as part of the layouts, default lister, etc.

You may just need to re-save them after adjusting the widths.

Is that happening because the left and right sides have different tab widths and you're doing something which closes the left side? It can look like the left side changed tab widths when what really happened is the right side became the left/only side.

I assume it is not directly related to some saved default width in a layout or something, it's more that it won't remember its adjusted width and that the width also cannot be get/set by script magic to exactly restore the lister layout after switching to single and back to dual.

Starting from dual, I run this command twice to temporarily get rid of the second filedisplay.

Set DUAL=Toggle,Horiz,ToggleLayout,Remember

After the second run, the tab width is set to the default for the re-appearing file display. But I actually expect the tab width to be the same as before the dual -> single switch. I most probably changed that width while working in the lister, so it would be cool if it restores to that last setting, just like it restores/remembers all the tabs that were open.

Yes, this can happen.

Thanks! o)

We'll fix this in the next beta.

Thanks, the remembering of tab area width now works and is awesome 03, thank you very much! o))
Still like to see some events fired and script access to that width setting, but for some time this fix will do nicely! o)