[DO9] using DO as a tagger/cover art manager

Hi,

I remember seeing some pictures of DO9 displaying cover art and next to it, a list of album tracks. But I don't know how to set it up to view files that way. Any pointer?

Basically, what I want is a CD view (possible with the new tile/thumbnail view in DO9).

All my music is under a single folder, with lots of subfolders.
I have most of my cover art named as folder.jpg. I'd like to have ALL of it named that way, and was thinking that maybe DO9 could do that efficiently.

One way to go about it would be to use flat view on the top folder (flat view - no folders) and a filter of say 8.jpg. Then, one could select all, and do a mass-rename operation (all file names -> folder.jp g). However, two problems arise:
(1) in my tests it seems that one cannot combine flat view and filters.
(2) in the advanced rename panel, there is no option to rename all matches to a single filename (!). I'd like to avoid having to retype the filename for each match, obviously;

Also... I'd like to use something like the (just fixed in 9.0.2) copy WHENEXISTS to rename jpgs in case there is already an existing folder.jpg.
(see resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=)

I use foobar and I'm aware of the problem with foobar replaygain + dopus showing mangled tags (?????a), see:
resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Any ideas to get around the problems described?
Thanks!

PS: Great work of DO9!

Are you thinking of this picture? If so, those are individual album tracks, not albums.

You can use Tiles Mode and set folders to display a list of their contents but it doesn't work very well as an album list, due to the way the contents are all listed on one (wrapped) line, instead of one line per track, and the way the contents aren't fully listed.

[quote]One way to go about it would be to use flat view on the top folder (flat view - no folders) and a filter of say 8.jpg. Then, one could select all, and do a mass-rename operation (all file names -> folder.jp g). However, two problems arise:
(1) in my tests it seems that one cannot combine flat view and filters.[/quote]
Filename filters work fine in Flat View; it's only Folder filters which don't, but you don't need those for this example.

Switch to Flat View (Mixed, No Folders), then set *.jpg as a file filter and it will work fine.

That said, you don't need the filter if you're careful about your rename as the rename will skip any files which don't match, so you can select all and then rename with something that will only match *.jpg or whatever.

You can rename everything to a single name but you may need to use Regular Expressions mode.

A regexp rename from .* to folder.jpg will work fine for renaming several files to folder.jpg.

If you want it to avoid renaming things which aren't .jpg files, as discussed above, then you should rename from .*.jpg to folder.jpg instead.