Docking the viewer pane

Can you make the viewers pane dockable under the file tree, so it looks like the details section in windows explorer and i'm wondering if it's possible to place a search function in dopus with an indexing mechanism

If you've got two unrelated questions then please ask each in a separate thread (or at least a separate sentence :slight_smile:).

The viewer pane can be on the right or on the bottom of the window. You can toggle its position by clicking the button which looks like an = symbol next tot the X close button for the panel. The viewer can also be opened as a separate window. Those are the only three options at the moment, so you can't have it in the little rectangle that would be below the folder tree and to the left of the file display.

For indexed searching, Opus can hook into Google Desktop but that's the only option at the moment.

Viewer Pane and Search location.

That has been buggin me too :smiling_imp:

As a long time ACDSee user I am used to being able to drag any information view to any location.

I have all my information view screens on top of the tree on the left.
Viewer.
Search.
Properties.
Favorites.
Organize.
Calendar.
Private Folder.
Task Pane.

This is extremely handy as when I need one of the above items they do not cover my thumbnails like Opus does. I have icons set up for each one and they can be turned on or off by clicking on the appropriate icon. As I am already in the folder of interest, when I need one of the above items, the tree is at that point of little use so temporarily covering it is of no concern. A quick click of the icon and the tree is uncovered.

ACDSee allows the user to drag the many information screens to any location and they attach themselves to the edge; they even automatically resize for the new location.

I can have some on the left, others on the right and still others in the center, top or bottom

VERY SLICK INDEED.

I would LOVE to see this feature in Opus.

Any chance of that happening in a future release :question:

Thanks;
Doc

Since I have Directory Opus version 10 installed my Viewer pane will only show to the right or at the bottom.
How can I let the Viewer pane show in a separate window?

Thanks!

Jan

[quote="JanRoza"]Since I have Directory Opus version 10 installed my Viewer pane will only show to the right or at the bottom.
How can I let the Viewer pane show in a separate window?[/quote]

Nothing changed there in Opus 10; the standalone viewer can be opened in the same ways as in Opus 9:

gpsoft.com.au/help/opus10/defaul ... Images.htm

Thanks Leo, found it.
Problem with Directory Opus is that it can do so much that sometimes it's hard to find where to set the right option.
But I rather complain about existing features I can't find than about features that Directory Opus doesn't have :smiley:
Thanks for the quick help!