Does Opus have sub-folder tip/preview?

No I haven't deemed the topic a waste of time, I've deemed the continuation of the discussion a waste of time - GPSoftware have made their position quite clear.

You're still free to post an official feature request to them.

To be honest, personally I see little point in spending the time required adding a feature which so far only one user has ever asked for, which is also currently very possible through a slightly different mechanism. Seems like a waste of resources to me.

This is probably over and done with, but I am totally with Escobar on this! The feature in Qttabbar has become essential to my computing needs. It is not simply a matter of personal taste but one of efficiency. To those not in favor, it might help to start with the notion that not ALL the features in DOpus are best of breed, and that other developers have found a slightly better approach to a computing need.

I love DOpus, it's a brilliant piece of software. Like everything else, it can always be better.

I just tried out Leo's approach to setting up a "Contents" entry into the right-click context menu. It's a great tip by Leo, but pales in comparison to Qttabbar's feature for the following 3 reasons:

1. It takes too many clicks to navigate (as Escobar mentioned).

2. It does not allow to click on an expanded folder and open it into the lister - this can only be accomplished by adding "button" to the "Go Foldercontent" command in which case it makes the entire process even slower by then having to click on the tiny arrow button to further expand the subfolder.

3. And most importantly: You can't right click on the subfolders or the files they contain!!! This is the most important feature that DOpus lacks that Qttabbar has. I like to perform operations on files like copy and paste without having to open the actual folders; I can just use the subfolder tip, "virtually" navigate to the files or folders I need, and then right-click them to perform operations.

I cannot live without this feature - anything else is just cumbersome. I will post this in the features request and hope that the developers will consider this in future updates.