Dopus and Everything and sizes of directories

I've noticed that on directories that contain a decent (2500-ish) number of subdirectories DOpus seems to go off and calculate the size of each subdirectory itself rather than using Everything. When I go into Everything it has already calculated the sizes of them all so it seems that it's DOpus for some reason deciding it has to do it all again. I've fiddled around with all the settings in Everything and DOpus that I can find. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I just tried a directory with more than 2500 subdirectories and didn't experience this problem.
If you haven't already tried, maybe it's worth doing an Everything re-index?

Tried that already, but thanks.

I still see it slowly populating the size column for every subdirectory along with a lot of disk activity.

What happens if you do an Everything search from DOpus? (Global or local, doesn't matter.)

It should be almost instantaneous. If it isn't, there's an issue with Everything and DOpus not talking to each other.

That is very fast, so the two are communicating OK. Only minor issue is if there's nothing found DOpus half the time doesn't say that but is still looking like it is searching.

I guess no-one else is seeing this. It's a minor thing and I can put up with it quite easily, but it's really puzzling me.

Some disk access is likely to happen, even with Everything. I do get it when sizing directories with lots of files and subdirectories. But it's also far, far less than without it and much much much faster; what used to take 4-5 minutes now takes around 20 seconds.

Everything can be slower for some directories, which is why DOpus uses its own routine first then uses Everything if it responds in time. If, for some reason (such as a particular layout) Everything never gets triggered, then you won't see much speedup.

I suppose if you turn it off and it's much slower then that's your answer - it's better, but still isn't going to be instant.

That's actually not a bad idea. I'll do that and see whether it makes a difference.