DOpus High CPU usage that effects all Windows operations

This post is in reference to this topic:
High DOpus CPU usage during non-DOpus operations
[url]High DOpus CPU usage during non-DOpus operations]
Opened: October 31, 2012 Closed: November 05, 2012
Closing comment from Jon: [quote]I'm locking this thread for the moment because for you to go on and on posting reams of data, none of which we know yet is useful, is pointless (for both you and everyone reading the forum). We've said we'll look into it. Just leave it there for now.[/quote]I've been having the exact same set of symptoms that the OP had as well others who posted. In the thread, Leo wrote: [quote]We plan to do some profiling and improvements or new options (where needed) to the file change code in the future, but it's not going to change over night and is not causing problems for most people.[/quote] For the record, I would like to speak for "most people" and tell you that some of us do, indeed, experience the symptoms detailed by the OP. It was intimated that that only Power Users who have massive systems with dozens of terabytes of disk storage and manipulate millions of files were affected. That is not the case. I do not have a massive system; just a Dell, which is still just like it came out of the box. The only thing that I have that might, possibly, elevate my system by one notch above basic is a couple of external hard drives. Yet, I have the same symptoms that disappear when I set no_eternal_change_notify to True.
The topic was closed in early November of last year and about seven and a half months have passed since then. I was hoping that there would have been some progress, even if it were just adding a note to the closed topic. I can only assume that the developers are still prioritizing based on “not causing problems for most people” so that is why I come here today. I want the developers to know that some of “most people” would like to statically be moved to a group where their numbers are not ignored but, instead, used to determine the priority of a fix for this problem. I don't know how many users make it a habit of reading all the topics in the forum bot the original topic was view 1066 times. If only a quarter of those visits were by users looking for an answer to their problem, 260+ users and owners of DOpus would really like to see this problem fixed. As one of them, I'm hoping that the priority can be changed.
Thanks for listennig...

We put in two lots of changes (one for what was described in that thread; another for a separate thing described in another thread) which the thread creator confirmed made a big improvement for him.

If you're still seeing performance problems with the latest beta version, please let us know how to recreate them and we'll investigate. If you're not on the latest beta, please try installing it as not all the changes have gone into a "stable" release yet (although the beta is quite stable).