DOpus not reflecting file changes in OneDrive Folder

Directory Opus 13.0.54 (Beta) Build 8753 x64
OS 10.0 (B:22621 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0 (Windows 11 Pro)

I realize this issue has been raised before, but I am still trying to solve the issue where my OneDrive folder does not always refresh on file changes (save, delete, copy, move etc).

I have followed the advice in the FAQs and have collected data with DebugView++. If you want me to run the tests again with ProcessMonitor, let me know.

This is a list of actions I have tested:

1. Copy a file from my D: drive to my OneDrive folder using DOpus. OneDrive refreshes the file list to reflect the new file, as does File Explorer (FE). This also works when copying from my network (Raspberry Pi operating as NAS) using DOpus.

2. Copy a file from D:\ to OneDrive using FE. FE updates with the change, DOpus does not, unless F5 pushed.

3. Using FE, delete a file from OneDrive, FE refreshes, DOpus does not, unless F5 pushed

4. Delete a file from OneDrive using DOpus. Both FE and DOpus reflected the change without intervention.

5. Save a file from a 3rd party program. For this test, I used PrusaSlicer, saving the file to my OneDrive folder. FE reflected the change, but DOpus did not, unless F5 pressed. I get the same result with other 3rd party programs.

For the copy and delete tests, I was using 2 plain text files named "This is a test File.txt" and "This is a test File 2.txt" that were created on the D:\ drive and manipulated as described above. The file saved from PrusaSlicer was "DWC Coaster 1.3mf".

I have attached the DeBugView++ log file (changed ext to .txt) in the hope that it might reveal something.

DebugView++.txt (22.2 KB)

Thank you.

The big thread about this issue ( OneDrive Synced folders cannot detect content change ) points to it being a problem outside of Opus, at either the operating system level or something that's interfering (e.g. antivirus or something else which hooks Windows APIs).

For some people, the change notification API isn't sending events about the OneDrive folder to Opus, and it seems that it can be temporarily "fixed" by a completely unrelated program requesting the same events in parallel. (Which should have no effect on what happens to Opus's notifications, unless there's a bug outside of Opus.)

Thanks for the reply, Leo, and the link to the long thread (that I missed somehow). Reading through it, I can relate to some of the symptoms and workarounds.

If I have a tab open pointing to my root C:\ drive, the changes in OneDrive in Opus appear automatically (when FE is used to do the copying/deleting). Similarly, the changes are also seen when I have the Folder Tree open, which I normally never do.

You would obviously know better than I, but something in DOpus must be triggering the automatic display of the changes when either one or both of these criteria are met.

Going through old threads at the moment -- Jon found a solution to this so it should be working in current versions of Opus.

Just did a quick test to make sure, and yes, OneDrive now updates OK to reflect file/folder changes. I think I did notice it was working correctly previously, though.

Thanks for the update, Leo.

1 Like