DOPUS slow to regain focus

Hi,

Starting Tuesday of this week, DOPUS can take 10-30 seconds to become responsive after I give it focus. I had version 10.5.3.0 up until yesterday and then I upgraded to 10.5.3.2.

I don't blame DOPUS but rather my network in work or a setting in DOPUS that is making it go off and do extra stuff. I have 'Calculate folder sizes automatically for fixed local disks only'. Can someone please offer me some guidance on what might be causing this all of a sudden?

Thanks in adavance.

Given that Tuesdays is when Microsoft updates are released I'd start by looking at your update history and see if anything there jumps out at you.

I don't think that's the reason. I work for a large organisation and they don't allow automatic updates and patches are rolled out VERY slowly.

If it's relevant, the issue is on Windows XP Professional SP3.

It's difficult to guess what might have changed from our end, unless it was something in the Opus update that you mentioned. (That's unlikely, but you could try reinstalling 10.5.3.0 to check that possibility.)

In the realms of guesswork, these two guides may have some useful ideas on what to look into:
[ul][li]Crash, exit or high CPU usage when viewing certain directories[/li]
[li]General slowdown or instability investigation steps[/li][/ul]